RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
metalheadcipher

Future of LiNK

Can we expect Party system, rankings in games , sending invites and adding friends on LiNK in the next Update ?

I really appreciate what you guys have already done and it's "better something than nothing" but it could be all the more amazing if you guys can incorporate these things in the new versions of LiNK .

There is a lot planned for the future of link, but first and foremost is stability. Be patient and let us work through the process to deliver the best experience we can.

This being a hobby driven endeavor you cannot expect us to match What live can do. But we will bring you all the features we can.

This being a hobby driven endeavor you cannot expect us to match What live can do. But we will bring you all the features we can.

we will NOT be looking into anything Live related

What an IRONY :p

I as well think it could be nice to incorporate some way to play xbla titles in link as well, however I doubt that would happen since most (if any) dont use system link.

any XBLA games that do have systemlink enabled are playable on LiNK already :)

I am just happy having the ability to play online with many of you

Would it be nice to play games online that do not have link capabilities? Yes...but it is not like that is not possible...you just have to pay for it.

If people really want to have those features then put your money where your mouth is. Not trying to be rude...but people act like it is not a possibility. 

• Like 1

I am just happy having the ability to play online with many of you

Would it be nice to play games online that do not have link capabilities? Yes...but it is not like that is not possible...you just have to pay for it.

If people really want to have those features then put your money where your mouth is. Not trying to be rude...but people act like it is not a possibility. 

loool......COD BO2.....

Firstly, huge thanks to all the guys at JQE! Me, my friends and family are all LOVING LiNK!

I think we need to remember that there is an inherent limitation in that LiNK is largely dependent on System Link. It's unfair to expect the Devs to miraculously implement certain features. If System Link can't do it, then it can't be done. That being said, the area where improvements/additional features CAN be made is on that outside the console/game. Room list management, user profile features etc. Looking forward to seeing what's coming up in the future.

I'm in complete agreement with JQE though - the priority is/should always be stability. Features mean nothing is you can't even get the basic functionality to work.

I think we're all in agreement that what the Team have done is amazing. 

i'd like to play xbl games, too.I dont know if it is possible but it'd be very good.

GOD mode is xbla game i know of that works on link.

GOD mode is xbla game i know of that works on link.

I believe Duke3d, Age of Booty, Undertow, Soltrio Solitaire, Star Trek DAC, Section 8 Prejudice, Terraria, and Defenders of Ardania are some more that I'm pretty sure have system link.

If there's not already been mention of it, I'd like to make a small request for future implementations of LiNK.  I haven't been on for a while, so this may have already been updated, but if not, here goes.  I'd like to see some manner of building a friends list and having the ability to communicate with them.  I RGH'd my friend's box for him a few months ago, and he says he's on LiNK, but I've never actually been able to play with him.  The limitation is that I don't know if he's online, and what he's currently playing.  If we could have a friend list (easily stored locally on each user's xbox) then I could at least see that he's online.  For messaging, until the system's are upgraded to support a wide use of VOICE throughput, I would think a simple text messaging feature would be easy enough to have.  You could even treat it like Twitter, have a limit of how many characters to be able to use.  Then the message is uploaded to the LiNK backend server (link.jqe360.com/) somewhere, and waits until the user signs in, then the message is delivered.  This small addition could dramatically help increase the playability of LiNK.  By building a friends list, and having it notify you if they're online will help players get together more often and play the games THEY want.

Again, if this or something similar is already present, please disregard.  I haven't been able to get on my box for quite some time due to work, etc.

There are major cheaters on Links only beacuse they think that their xbox is hack it's right to cheat and ruin the game for the rest of us.

ok im johnny come lately but ive just started using link registered jq360 etc freestyle dash. seen the game list of system link available games etc noticed 289 online players registered not bad for online human to human playability vs xbox live. I was wondering how open this site is to allowing other mod sites to broadcast link to more ppl who own or modify rgh/jtag 360s notifying them about the viability of link because half the time ppl wont want rgh or jtag simply because they cant play other humans online as they think theres only xbox live but if the basic end user knew this existed for their popular titles like bo2 for eg it wudnt matter to them who they were playing as long as there were plenty players and they knew they weren't playing ai. or having to lan with a few buddies who owned rghd or jtagged consoles.

289 players nothing to moan about over several titles but worldwide. if more interest was generated via advertising it I understand it could get flagged noticed unwanted attn. for eg or too many registering saturating your servers but it cud also by the same token really open up the floodgates and boost your site immensely.

just a general opinion I guess. im more of a techy so I chip them etc where im from but if I cud tell ppl interested in getting chipped that the alternative to xbox live is really viable through you guys then I think theyd be more interested in helping build online alternative gaming to xbox live which lets face it Microsoft f**ing telling us possibly dropping xbox altogether after all the years gamers paid the f**ckers for live to line their wallets by building the player base from 289 to god knows what

its al good if the reaction comments are negative to my post I understand but what are your thoughts on this?

cheers

I wish team FSD would release the source code. so someone can pick up where team FSD left off. the longer team FSD waits to release source code. the sooner the jtag/rgh xbox 360 will die. plz stop holding and release the dam source code. so we can bring new apps and updates to LiNK. thxs

• Like 1

And now no more updates are coming..  :mellow: man.... i wish LiNK had messaging and friend list service... well...  :no come back FSD Team! (*i know that's almost impossible*)

i wouldn't mind if FSD came back but i generally think that if they gave the source code a lot more could be accomplished with a massive community behind it to add features to like messaging and other things.